• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Adobe Flash Player to launch flash content in PDF Response portfolios?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully installed the most recent version of Adobe FlashPlayer for Chrome PPAPI (confirmed already by Adobe), however, when I try to open PDF response files I still get an error message to install the Flash Player.

Do I need the NPAPI flash player to launch flash content in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

I really don't care about flash content on the web, what I need is the Adobe flash content to open and display in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

I'm on a Windows 10 operating system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Hi,

Acrobat uses the Flash Player NPAPI plugin, so you can uninstall the PPAPI plugin and install the NPAPI plugin.  Use the link on Adobe Flash Player needed for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the NPAPI plugin.

Some Acrobat content also uses the ActiveX Control (for IE/Edge).  Since you're on Windows 10, Microsoft already embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control for IE/Edge in the browser so it's already installed on the system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, NPAPI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Acrobat uses the Flash Player NPAPI plugin, so you can uninstall the PPAPI plugin and install the NPAPI plugin.  Use the link on Adobe Flash Player needed for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the NPAPI plugin.

Some Acrobat content also uses the ActiveX Control (for IE/Edge).  Since you're on Windows 10, Microsoft already embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control for IE/Edge in the browser so it's already installed on the system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works now! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines