• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White/Black Screen Problems With Flash Player

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a problem with flash player since updating it in November.  Certain websites such as YouTube and Worldstarhiphop work perfectly while other websites such as Facebook produce black or white screens when trying to play videos.  If you attempt to play a video on a website in which you get the black or white screen, you can still hear the audio.  While that is annoying it is only a minor inconvenience, the biggest problem is with other websites that require flash.  I currently want to run an internet speed test on my computer but I can not find a website that my flash player will work with.  The weird thing is that the animation at (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html) plays correctly.

To fix the problem, I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall flash player.  I have also tried changing the settings, enabling/disabling hardware acceleration.  I feel like I've tried just about everything and I'm running out of ideas.  I currently am using flash version 12.0.0.44 through Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16518.  My computer is running on Windows 7.  Does anyone have any idea's on how to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the problems come from the abomination Microsoft calls a browser---Internet Exploder 11.

IE has always been the problem child of browsers, but 11 has got to be the biggest pile of grabage to come out of Redmond, WA since Vista. They rewrote the "User-Agent Strings", which websites use to identify the browswer and provide the proper content for it, like ActiveX specific things. Some sites now ID it as Gecko (Firefox) while others ID it as Webkit (Chrome or Safari). Problem is, that when the content is adjusted for those User-Agent Strings, it REQUIRES the appropriate browser engine, which IE doesn't have. EVERYTHING falls apart after that.

So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.

Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.

I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having the same problem with either latest Firefox 27.01 or IE8 on a facebook game namely fishtank (think from taiwan).

The wierd part is I can login ,played without problem on another PC with same browser ,lower spec PC and same XP SP3. Only this home pc failed to load flash video (game) which shown white screen on Firefox, Black screen on IE8. It was working all these while until few days back..Flash is latest and I have uninstall many times till I follow some steps to delete macromed cache files and Installed older version of 12.0.44 and 11.9 but Still failed..

Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW:

I have updated the video driver too but still no luck. Really running out of idea. I can play other FB on this pc but not this fishtank... BUT another notebook or PC can run without problem.. So is not the game account issue I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems and have tried all the posted solutions with no positive result, so far. 

Similar to above… on all of the web pages on which I am unable to see the flash videos, if I click in the flash window to start the video, all I get is audio playback with a black or white screen. 

However…  If I move the mouse around inside the flash window, I can see that the mouse pointer still reacts wherever the video control buttons are located at the bottom (although I can’t see the buttons, themselves).  And if I click the “full screen” button …. usually in the lower right… my view goes to full screen and the video appears! 

I don’t know about everyone else, but my problem appears to be limited to:

• Specific websites (facebook, most news websites)… I have no problem with Youtube or the Adobe  Test Page. 
  • Viewing video in the embedded flash window on the web page...  Opening the video to full screen allows me to see it.

I’ve tried this on several of my problem websites with consistent “success” at viewing videos.  It's an annoying solution, but at least I can see the videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. White screen. No video. Using Firefox 32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent updated for years and it worked fine, but i recently did and have black screen issues when trying to play games on Kongregate. one time it was flashing blackscreen and game screen so fast it would cause a seizure if you have that problem. I use Firefox as main browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that this thread was from 2014, I'm going to lock it. 

If you have an issue that you need help with, please start a new thread, and check out the guide for getting a useful answer: 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines