White box appearing on screen

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been having this issue and I don't know what to do about it. This white screen pops up frequently on my computer screen and  when I right click it says "Movie not loaded..." "Check for updates..." and "About Adobe Flash Player 27.0.0.170..." Obviously this is error but I cannot get in touch with Adobe because I do not pay for a subscription and therefore cannot have over the phone service. Does anyone know what I should do

Capture 10.26.17.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following information:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thing that is interesting to me is that Flash Player is a browser plug-in, meaning that it runs in a web browser.  The web browser would generally take up the whole screen, not a small corner of it.  We wouldn't just pop our own little window up in the corner like that.  There's a parent application involved that isn't us.

My sense is that this is a third-party application that's embedding Flash Player in its own window.  If I had to guess, this is probably older software, designed for Windows 7 and below.  It's probably not something that came pre-installed or came from the Windows app store.

Given that it's popping up in the corner like that, I'm thinking that it's something that issues notifications, like an instant messaging client (AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, etc.), or maybe something related to a game?  Old versions of Quickbooks maybe?

There are no useful clues about what the parent application might be, since it's just a white rectangle.  It's possible that recent security-related changes caused whatever this is to stop working ("Movie not loaded" indicates that the application attempted to load some Flash-based content that upon inspection, either failed a validation check - e.g. the data itself is malformed, or we thought it might be malicious and declined to run it).

Without knowing what that application might be, I don't have any good guesses about what to do about it.  This is the first complaint I've seen about this, so I don't have a list of common suspects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines