• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I suddenly getting this Adobe Flash issue on Mac Safari and how can I remove it?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In system preferences under adobe flash player it states "the settings on this page are not applicable to google chrome or chromium based browsers (PPAPI)". The problem is, I am not using or even have google chrome installed, and instead use safari on mac with NPAPI. This is verified when I check flash settings on the adobe site, so I don't understand how to remove this PPAPI notice or how it even happened. 

Now many web pages are messing up with wrong formatting and not loading completly. I have tried unistalling and re-installing NPAPI adobe flash, but end up with the same notice about PPAPI. I can't figure out how to get my safari browsing back to normal like it was before, but as of now whether flash is installed or not I have problems loading and playing websites when I did not before. 

Any kind of help would be appreciated, I can't seem to find any info on this online that does not involve already being on google chrome, which I'm not. 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one System Preference for Mac and the text in the System Preferences pable addresses all supported browsers, regardless if that browser is installed or not.  It is not dynamic text that modifies based on browsers/plugins installed.

"Now many web pages are messing up with wrong formatting and not loading completly."

To troubleshoot this, provide the following information:

• Mac OS version installed
  • Firefox version installed
  • Flash Player version installe
  • Direct link to content that is not displaying as expected
  • Step-by-step instructions to reproduce the behaviour observered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> In system preferences under adobe flash player it states "the settings on this page are not applicable to google chrome or chromium
> based browsers (PPAPI)". The problem is, I am not using or even have google chrome installed, and instead use safari on mac
> with  NPAPI.

Yep.  Then you're good!

> Now many web pages are messing up with wrong formatting and not loading completly. I

Yeah, that probably has nothing to do with the Flash settings.  A screenshot would be really interesting.  Did this correspond to any other changes, like an OS update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines