• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can I no longer enter data in a field on a form running in Flash?

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our company training modules, there are simulations where the participant is required to fill out data in fields to confirm that they have understood the lesson.  In the module that teaches how to log into a system, there is a "username" and "password" field they must fill out. Problem: after they enter the sample "username", they cannot even select the "password" field to enter the password. (Can't click on it, can't tab to it either) This is a new problem, and after some troubleshooting I think it might be due to a change in Flash. We have tried this in Chrome and IE, both are having the same problem.  We've tried using incognito/private windows and the behavior is the same. It seems as thought the interactive fields which capture the user's input have changed location or are blocked. I have attached a screen sho to illustrate the screen form.

Flash player version: Chrome: 32.00.101 (64 bit)

Flash player version: IE:  24.0.0.194

Sitecore training login blurred background.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Thank you team!

Since I posted this question, I was able to find someone internally that was able to resolve my problem. I am not sure what they did to resolve it, but I do believe it was a flash problem

You can mark this issue as closed, as I do not need help with it any more.

Thank you,

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is changing all the time and developers of Flash apps need to keep on top of that. What do they say? You can also ask them their medium term plans, as Flash is being phased out completely by 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd really need to debug it under a C++ debugger to understand what's happening.  I'm not aware of a widespread issue affecting form fields.

Would it be possible to share a URL that reproduces this issue?  You can send me a private message by hovering over my name and choosing message, if you don't want to share that information publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you team!

Since I posted this question, I was able to find someone internally that was able to resolve my problem. I am not sure what they did to resolve it, but I do believe it was a flash problem

You can mark this issue as closed, as I do not need help with it any more.

Thank you,

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines