• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I get Opera to allow Flash Player to play videos automatically? I follow all instructions accurately...

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm using Opera, version 57.0.3.098.102 (latest version) on Mac OS Mojave, 10.4.2 (latest version). Every time I go to watch the livestream at msnbc.com/now, I can only get it to work if I select, "Run plug-in this time." I have correctly allowed Flash in Opera and for specific websites and I still keep getting the same message. I have also whitelisted cookies in my anti-malware programs as well. Do you have any suggestions? I'm out of ideas and frustrated!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please allow your site to run Adobe Flash Player using the below steps:

1) Open Opera, Go to "Preferences"
2) Click on "Advanced" setting
3) Go to "Content Settings"

4) Click on "Flash"

4) Add "[*.]com" to "Allow" list.

Please let us know if you face any issue even after this setting.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve done exactly that and I still have to select “Run plug-in this time.”

to get it to work every single time. Thank you, though!

On December 18, 2018 at 4:50:03 AM, Kajal Singh (forums_noreply@adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually we can bypass this behaviour by adding http://* and https://* to the 'Allow' list in Flash settings (opera://settings/content/flash).  But in this case it's not working.  It's behaving as if

This is an issue with the content, and/or with the browser.  The content is responsible for detecting Flash, and conform to browser Flash detection standards.  The browser is responsible for loading the plugin.  In this case, even though I've essentially whitelisted every site, including specifying http://www.msnbc.comin the list of 'allowed' sites, msnbc.com is still not loading the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this bug to Opera earlier tonight. Hopefully, they'll fix it

soon. Thanks again, all!

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 4:50 AM Kajal Singh <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have correctly allowed Flash in Opera and for specific websites and I still keep getting the same message.

Does this happen in the same browsing session, or after you have closed Opera and re-opened Opera?

Opera is based on Chromium and several releases ago Google modified Chrome/Chromium to not remember user's setting when it comes to Flash.  When a user 'allows' Flash on a site, the setting is deleted when the browser is closed. As per  Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects​:

Non-Persisted HTML5 by Default (Target: Chrome 69 - September 2018)

Summary

Sites using Flash will require explicit permission to run, every time the user restarts the browser.

Rationale

Require affirmative user choice to run Flash Player content, without that choice persisting across multiple sessions.

Opera 57 is based on Chromium 70 (History of the Opera web browser - Wikipedia ) so this functionality would now exist on Opera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens after I close Opera and open it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same occuring at my own [moderator: no Flash was observed on the site.  Self-promoting your site is not allowed on these forums] Can anyone tell the solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im also having an issue with flash on opera browser, the websites that use it seem to think i dont have it installed but i do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in Windows 7. It has been crashing in all the many different web browsers. I've done everything required to change this, followed all the step-by-step instructions to remedy this, nothing has worked. I can't afford the special tool to fix this issue. I've been dealing with this very annoying problem well over eight years now, and until Face book and all the many web browsers out there get a different flash player to be used to play games or watch video's were all going to have to deal with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hottnmad2, what is this "special tool" that you can't afford, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines