• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I see the flash slide show on my own website since installing newest version?

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since installing the newest version of flash player on my computer a few days ago (version 11.5?), I can't see the old slide show on my own website.  I know it is still there because a friend running XP can see it.  I am running Win7 Pro with IE 9 in 32-bit mode.  Also won't work in Google Chrome or IE 64-bit.  I could see the slide show with the old version of the flash player.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Gary Silverstein

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Hi Gary,

I'd definitely recommend trying out our betas with at least one browser.  Our public beta program is a significant testing tool and we use the feedback we receive to help catch problems like this before they hit the public.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a public website?  If so, can you provide the URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat -

Yes, the site is http://weshoot.com, and the slide show is in the upper left-hand corner of the page.

Thanks.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same problem (see next discussion)!

Looks like there is a bug in the newest release people 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried beta 11.5.502.118 and still bug is there.

It seems this: MovieClipLoader class not returning onLoadComplete event

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3363562

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fabio-cams -

Thanks for the input.  While I may upload the beta versions you have provided, I am more concerned for the fact that most people who view my website won't see some functionality that is there.  Others have websites where the pages utilize a lot of flash and are not really viewable at all.  I will probably want to wait until Adobe comes out with a solid update that addresses this issue, so I see what my potential clients are seeing.

Gary Silverstein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

I'd definitely recommend trying out our betas with at least one browser.  Our public beta program is a significant testing tool and we use the feedback we receive to help catch problems like this before they hit the public.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris -

Thanks for pointing that out.  The version for IE does work on my desktop computer.  It does not work on Google Chrome.  These are the only two browsers I currently use.  I am not going to update my laptop as I want to see when the newest update comes through if that will work, as well.

I hope that helps.

Gary Silverstein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines