• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my flash and shockwave player crash

New Here ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I run anything in google chrome with my flash player or shockwave player it says flash or shockwave has crashed. Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

See my reply to your comment at Flash player / Shockwave Crashing

Locking this discussion topic due to its age.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iT CONSTANTLY CRASHES IN FIREFOX ALSO, THIS QUESTION REMAINS UNANSWERED SINCE 2013.

Why does Adobe refuse to FIX or EVEN answer questions about the constant crashes of Flash/Shockwave crapware.  There is NO way to even contact any sort of tech support.  There are many UNANSWERED variations on this in this useless "Forum." which, it appears, has little or any Adobe answers.  The update today, Oct 13,2018, crashes just as often as the yesterday's version.

EITHER FIX THE DAMN SOFTWARE, ADDRESS THE PROBLEM OR GIVE US AN ALTERNATIVE TO THIS UNRELIABLE CRAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply to your comment at Flash player / Shockwave Crashing

Locking this discussion topic due to its age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I think you misunderstand how and why software crashes.  The old "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" aphorism is also pretty applicable here.

In order to speak intelligently about the problem you're experiencing, it would be useful to understand what's actually happening.  That's why crash logs exist.

Here's a guide on how to report an issue in a way that will get you a useful answer:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Here's a guide on how to share relevant crash dumps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/report-flash-player-crash.html

If you'd like help, I'd recommend starting a new thread with the relevant details.

It's also worth pointing out that Adobe does not provide direct technical support for products like Flash Player, which it provides free of charge.  Adobe does provide this user-to-user forum as a service to the community of users enjoying our free offerings, and the staff that respond to threads here do so as a courtesy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines