• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does top ranked website say my FP needs to be updated?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A top ranked website is telling me that my version of FP needs to be updated and so prevents me from doing my work.  I run all the Adobe checks and am told that all is well, up to date, and the little tree grows.  It grows, again and again and again as I keep running through the checks.  The website tech group says to contact Adobe.  What else can I check on my end to confirm that there isn't some old app residue stuck in my system that is giving either Adobe or Createspace a false reading?

I am flat out dead in the water until I can get this resolved.  Thank you in advance for any direction or advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

This is Edge browser, not Adobe, behaving this way.  In the Windows 10 Creator's update (which you have) Microsoft changed how Edge handles Flash content, essentially disabling it by default for all websites (domains) and forcing the user to 'allow' Flash, per website.  There is no 'allow Flash always for all websites' option.

Normally there is a puzzle piece in the address field, that when clicked, displays the 'Allow Flash' dialog window.  Another option is to click the 'download and install th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 27.0.0.130 is the latest version of Flash.  If you have this installed for the browser you are using, you have the latest version.  It's possible Flash is disabled in the browser.  Please provide the following information:

<edited>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding to my plea.

window 10 pro version  1703      40.15063.608

Edge version   40.15063.0.0

Flash version  27.0.0130

webpage  https://tsw.createspace.com/title/7612431/review/proof

Error:

The CreateSpace online Digital Proofer requires an up to date version of the Adobe Flash plugin. 

You can download and install the plugin from Adobe. 

If you prefer not to install Flash you can still download a PDF proof.

I have the flash slide button turned on in the browser settings.

I have looked into the administration group policy and found it not set,   I set it to enabled, which I understand should be the same.

I do not see the flash player puzzle piece anywhere on my browser screen, if it is supposed to be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cjcoombes

Unfortunately, the site you posted requires a login to access.  Can you please post a screenshot (https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot ) of the error, including the address field?  You can always redact personal content using the Snipping Tool prior to posting the screenshot.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave a transcription of the error message above along with all the apps versions.  As for the address field, at no time have I ever seen the FP puzzle icon show.  If there is something else you are looking for. please let me know.  I am very uncomfortable with providing the screen shots.  I hope you understand.  Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most major browsers now intercede, to prompt you to authorize Flash content.  Every browser has their own implementation, and none are perfect.

The content itself was most likely authored before this push to make Flash Player click-to-play, so if the content doesn't see it as present.  The content assumes that Flash Player is either not installed or below the minimum version.

Long story short, it's unlikely that there's a workaround for Edge, or that fixing it is within our control.  We can pass the info along to the Edge team and encourage them to tune their click-to-play behavior.

In the meantime, experimenting with the other major browsers is probably the best workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please clarify or define "content"?  The document that attempt to approve is only three days old.  I submit the document and the tech team at Createspace clears it for manufacturer, awaiting only my approval.  I am supposed to launch an online reviewer app that turns the pages of the book so that I can view and approve.  Used the websites online viewer for years.  I am certain that the website's app is fine.  For some reason, my system won't allow access to the website app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Edge browser, not Adobe, behaving this way.  In the Windows 10 Creator's update (which you have) Microsoft changed how Edge handles Flash content, essentially disabling it by default for all websites (domains) and forcing the user to 'allow' Flash, per website.  There is no 'allow Flash always for all websites' option.

Normally there is a puzzle piece in the address field, that when clicked, displays the 'Allow Flash' dialog window.  Another option is to click the 'download and install the plugin' link and Edge (may) intercept the request and display the 'Allow Flash' dialog window.  See Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge  for assistance.  I apologize, I thought I had posted this previously. The Microsoft blog post, Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog , contains more information on their implementation of how Edge handles Flash content.

I recommend contacting the content provider, and informing them their content is not confirming to how Edge handles Flash and to also report the website to Microsoft (there's instructions for doing so at the bottom of their blog post, which I linked to above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you m_vargas for taking the time to give me precise clarification that eliminates my confusion and give me a base reference to work from.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines