• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why I cant install my Adobe Shockwave? As I want to export portfolio as swf.

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 3.20.55 AM.png

Can anyone tell me why I cant install this SWF software???. I didnt install any adobe shockwave wave before, till 1 month ago, i try install adobe shockwave, but keep error. I did goggle research to solve the problem, but fail. I need this, is because I doing my portfolio in indesign CC2017, but when I export as SWF, it went to open in web instead of pop-up interactive screen. End up, I had to use EPUB (Fixed Layout) -.-

But the EPUB is horrible after export. My work cant work well in EPUB! Please help me!

This SWF is driving Crazy!! I need to do my portfolio ASAP!   Im a graphic designer.

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Your post moved to Using Flash player forum by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Shockwave Player won't help with SWF files — you need the Flash Player for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Shockwave Player and Adobe Flash Player are two different technologies that plays different content, and are not interchangeable.

For Player SWF content, you'll need Flash Player.  If the content is on a website, you'll need the browser plugin, available for download at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  If it's a SWF file on your system, you'll need to Flash Player projector.  Projector files are available for download at Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're trying to export a PDF Portfolio from Adobe Acrobat as SWF.  This is honestly probably a better question for the Acrobat forum (we just play the SWFs, we don't make 'em), but I believe what you're looking for is the NPAPI Flash Player, which Acrobat uses to view SWF-based content (generally when embedded in PDFs).

You can find it here.  Just choose your operating system and select the NPAPI variant:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A graphic designer should know that Flash Player is being phased out and SWF may not be a good choice if soon nobody can read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the deal here is that when you publish from InDesign to Interactive PDF, Acrobat may be using the NPAPI Flash Player for some of that interactive functionality; however, we're just providing the fundamental technology.  We're really far removed from what InDesign and Acrobat have built on top of it.

It sounds like Interactive PDF is what you want (unless you're looking to target mobile, in which case, Adobe Digital Publishing Suite is probably more appropriate), but we're outside my area of expertise.

If our guidance didn't help, you might want to explain what you're trying to accomplish over in the InDesign forums and see what people recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines