Why is McAffee auto installed in latest version?

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when installing updates it gives me the option to NOT download McAffee. This version it pompously makes me download it? Oh the h**l it does! I'll simply not use Flash at all. McAffee is more or less a virus that spams you, slows down your computer and is virtually impossible to get rid of. I will NEVER download anything that contains it. There is plenty of free virus protection software out there and I'll not pay to make my computer spam me or slow down, thanks.

I am furious with Adobe outrecuidance!

So, now that I have that rant done, is there a way to install without McAffee that I can't seem to find? Again, it is not giving me the option to not download it.

TOPICS
Download install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you go to adobe.com to download the installer and do you have JavaScript disabled?  Do you use adblockers such as Ghostery? If so, it's possible this disabled the optional 3rd party offering.  If you downloaded the installer from a site other than adobe.com there is no guarantee to what installer you're going to get as Adobe does not post Flash Player installer to any other site.

1. go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
  2. opt-out of the third party offerings
  3. download installer without third party offerings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines