• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Flash sites die in 2020?

Participant ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading article about Flash dying in 2020 and I wanted to know what exactly will happen to Flash based websites? Will they simply just not work anymore. My work uploads video ads to TV stations and one of the stations is Comcast and their portal is Flash based, so Im curious if it will just stop working. I have to imagine they have people on it but I have doubts. We had a automated uploading software developed to automatically login and fill out form inf and upload videos and it works fine the other stations but not Comcast because it is using Flash. When we talked them about it thy didnt seem to care. So Im curious if there is incentive for them to redo their portal without Flash so that we can automate it.

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Please refer to Flash & The Future of Interactive Content | Adobe Blog

This blog post contains links to announcements from the various browser vendors which should address your concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to Flash & The Future of Interactive Content | Adobe Blog

This blog post contains links to announcements from the various browser vendors which should address your concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nooooooo i dont want flash to die cause so many things i do need flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be wise to spend the next 3 months finding alternatives. The makers of sites and apps were given over three years to do the work, sad so many didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines