• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will I be able to use FlashPlayer controls (ActiveX) after December 31, 2020?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedding FlashPlayer controls (ActiveX) in VB.NET, and There is an application that plays SWF files.

It plays the SWF file locally, not on the web.

Can this continue to be used after December 31, 2020?

TOPICS
End of life , OS , Product issue , SWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The implementation you describe requires a distribution license, which won't be available from Adobe post-2020.

For options available with your implementation, or migrating to a different solutioln, please contact Adobe's longtime distribution partner, Harman:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know.
And please answer the question.
I'm asking if local SWFs will continue to play in FlashPlayer Control (ActiveX : Shockwave Flash Object).

I need more information about what will happen after December 31, 2020. A lot of work has already been moved to HTML5, but some users are still using the old one. We don't want those people to suddenly find themselves unable to use it.

What will happen if you run a desktop application that uses FlashPlayer Control (ActiveX) after December 31, 2020?

Do you get an error message?
Will it prompt you to uninstall?
The swf won't play and the white screen?

I understand that playback is blocked. But I do not understand how it is blocked.

You guys are not explaining it well enough.

Isn't it possible to check in advance what is going to happen?

I know that uninstalling is optional, but if I refuse, can I continue using it at my own risk? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd say it's down to Microsoft what happens, since they control it in Windows. Many people expect Microsoft will delete it with a compulsory patch. This is why the answer you received before is exactly what you need: you will need to license Flash Player for redistribution from Adobe's successors in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines