• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will the flash player debugger allow me to open SWFs on a new computer in 2020 or will it be blocked

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So currently i am using the debugger to open swf files on my windows computer. In January 2020 I have to get a brand new computer that wouldnt have the debugger so I assume I wont be able to open swf files but if I perhaps used a USB to transfer the debuger from my old computer to the new computer would this allow me to open swf files in 2020 and later or would windows block me from opening my swf files with the debugger?

thanks

TOPICS
End of life , SWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

I'm not sure what you'd like to elaborate on.  The browsers are dropping support for the plugin, thus neither the release nor debugger will work in the browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debugger will also be end-of-lifed at the end of 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean it simply won't be updated anymore or does this mean that it wont allow me to run my swf files at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please answer my other question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will reach end of life. There are no guarantees or promises about anything other than that. I know people are looking for loopholes, but Adobe aren't interested in helping people find them.  So far as I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, it seems Adobe are working hard to close as many loopholes as possible, to prevent people finding ways from keeping Flash going. (I don't speak for Adobe, nor quote them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@_maria_ can you please elaborate on what will happen to the debugger when it is end of lifed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you'd like to elaborate on.  The browsers are dropping support for the plugin, thus neither the release nor debugger will work in the browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply, I'd just like to know whether the debugger(downloaded to my laptop not in browser) will still allow me to open swf files that I have on my computer(without getting updates from adobe anymore) after 2020 or whether it will not let me do this/block swfs from running or uninstall itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a browser plug-in, not an app. It doesn't open anything by itself. I think you may have a different idea of what the debug version actually is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im talking about the flash player projector content debugger from this adobe website  https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html    ive got it downloaded and I use it to open swf files that are on my computer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so not the Flash Player debugger. You would have saved a lot of time for yourself if you had said so. I don't know if there is a different answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh sorry theres like 4 different things called debugger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'debugger' you are referring to is the Flash Player projector.  Yes, it applies to this as well.  All of Flash Player (browser plugin and standalone projector) will be end-of-lifed at the end of 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its gonna be end of lifed but does this mean that it simply will no longer be updated or will it be blocked and not run my swfs at all after 2020. (this is just swfs on my computer not on browser)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know its gonna be end of life but does this mean that it simply will no longer be updated or will it be blocked and not run my swfs at all after 2020.(this is just swfs on my computer not browser)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about the double message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can download the debugger installer here  and see if you can still install it. maybe be offline during install. and get rid of the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager app in Utilities just in case that is uninstalling the debugger. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

debugger will not work in the browsers, but @Patrick5ECF did not ask about browsers. The question was about swf files on the hard drive. How about them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines