• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will uninstalling Flash Player make my CS6 products unusable?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep an older computer with CS6, used for some occasional freelance and D&D related projects. I do have a CC account but I would like to keep my CS6 due to the somewhat volitile nature I have experienced with CC. 

I want to uninstall Flash Player for the stated security reasons, but don't want to lose CS6. Is this a worry I should have?

TOPICS
End of life , FAQ , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

It's super unlikely that this will cause you a problem.  Where Flash Player was used in legacy Creative Suite versions, it was generally through a internal Flash Player variant that's baked into those applications.  I'm not aware of any desktop Creative Suite products that depend on the installed browser plug-in. 

That said, Adobe is a huge company with hundreds of products that I don't personally work on.  Many of those products consume (or more accurately... at some point in the past, consum

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which apps do you use?  Given it's age, I think CS6 may have had some Flash dependencies.  So some features in CS6 may stop working. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not exporting anything to Flash there is no concern with uninstalling Flash Player.

If you're exporting projects to Flash then you'll need to migrate those to some other technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's super unlikely that this will cause you a problem.  Where Flash Player was used in legacy Creative Suite versions, it was generally through a internal Flash Player variant that's baked into those applications.  I'm not aware of any desktop Creative Suite products that depend on the installed browser plug-in. 

That said, Adobe is a huge company with hundreds of products that I don't personally work on.  Many of those products consume (or more accurately... at some point in the past, consumed) Flash Player and are downstream from me.  I generally don't have visibility into the whos or hows unless those product teams run into a problem and ask for help. 

My educated guess is that you're probably fine, but the smart thing would be to set a system restore point / make a backup, uninstall, and then confirm that your critical use-cases work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines