• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win 10, IE11 Flash Player Not installed (Windows Datacenter 2016)

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 10 VM, 64Bit and I'm using IE11. ActiveX filtering is off. I have gone to the Adobe website several times to verify my version of Flash but it says it isn't installed. I checked the manage add-ons areas while visiting YouTube and Shockwave doesn't show up as an add-on. Someone told me that if the videos are working on YouTube that Flash is installed, but I'm visiting a necessary website that requires flash and it tells me I need to install it. Not sure what to do at this point. I need Flash to be installed.

Thank you

[moderator: added OS version to title for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtube long ago defaulted to HTML5 video, so it's not really a good site to gauge whether or not Flash is working.  Flash is indeed pre-installed in IE on Windows 10.  Not sure which Adobe site you've been to to verify Flash is working, but please try Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer .  Click 'Test Flash Player' button.  Does Flash content display?

• What Windows 10 version is this on?  Go to Settings > Advanced > About and provide the following information:
    • Edition
    • Version
    • OS Build
  • What is the URL to the website that is not working (assuming it's a publicly accessible site)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me. I was wrong, the VM is Windows Datacenter 2016. The URL is private and not publically accessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi blondbyrnes

Thank you for the additional information.  Flash Player is included in Windows Servers but it's not activated and needs to be manually activated.  Please see the following:

Please note that while Flash Player for IE/Edge is pre-installed in Windows Servers, it's not officially supported.  Meaning we don't develop, nor test, Flash player for Windows Servers.  If you continue to have issues with Flash Player on Windows Server after following the instructions linked above to activate it, please contact Microsoft for assistance.

Similar question was posted here (Unable to install Adobe on a Windows 2016 Server) several months ago.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines