• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 Edge: install Flash Player pop-up notification

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried extensively to get Flash to work on my DELL INSPIRION Windows 10.
Followed the Instructions to "Turn On", which it was already.
Whenever I land on a site that uses Flash, it tells me to Update & shows an Flash Update pop up, but it is signed with some other name.

Let me know if you need more info

thank you

[moderator: updated title to more accurately reflect issue being reported]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

One... scammers have cloned and  modified Adobe pages, so NEVER download from a pop up, always go to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Two, you as a user may NOT update Flash in either Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer... Microsoft  has LOCKED both browsers, so only Microsoft  may issue an update

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find all Microsoft  help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which browser are you using?

Whenever I land on a site that uses Flash, it tells me to Update & shows an Flash Update pop up, but it is signed with some other name.

Provide the exact link to a site that this is occurring on.

Post a screenshot of the 'Flash Update pop-up' you are getting

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a complete "DUH" on computer........

Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0 ???

Shooting Games | Play Free Online Shooting Games | Shockwave.com

flash.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One... scammers have cloned and  modified Adobe pages, so NEVER download from a pop up, always go to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Two, you as a user may NOT update Flash in either Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer... Microsoft  has LOCKED both browsers, so only Microsoft  may issue an update

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find all Microsoft  help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so IF I am not able to Update, just ignore the pop ups?
I know on some sites that have the pop up, I am not able to interact or view some of the stuff the sites have.

THANK YOU for the quick response
Will have a look at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI dong4382456 ,

Thanks for posting the screenshot.  That is definitely a malicious pop-up notification.  On windows 10, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE adn Edge, and Flash Player for IE/Edge updates are ONLY released by Microsoft via Windows Update.  If you have Widows 10 Home, there is no way to turn off updates, only reschedule them.  Microsoft releases updates on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, so at this point you should already have the most recent version of Flash Player installed.

I will forward the screenshot to the Security and Fraud team for follow-up. In the future you can report these incidents directly to phishing@adobe.com.  See Notifying Adobe of Security Issues  for more information.

Random pop-up windows like this usually indicate malware has been installed on your system.  I recommend running a complete virus, malware, adware, etc on your system to clean up anything malicious that may have been installed on your system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines