• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 Edge: system requirements message when attempting to view Flash content.

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I got this when I tried to open a program, I am using win 10 and ms edge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Click on the 'click here' link.  Edge should intercept the request and display the 'Allow Flash' window.  See Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge for more information.

<edit>
I also branched your comment to a new discussion topic as your issue is not related to the discussion topic you posted to.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is sending me round in circles I got win 10 1703 I can not do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you click on the 'click here' link?

Unfortunately, the site you are attempting to use requires a login to access, as such, I can't attempt to reproduce th beavhiours you are experiencing.

Essentially, this is a combination of the content and the browser that are not playing nice together.  It's no Flash Player.  In Edge, Microsoft has configured Flash to be disabled by default and implemented methods to detect Flash on a page.  Content providers need to code their content to conform to Edge's Flash detection requirements, implemented by the browser.  Usually, Edge will intercept the link click to get Flash and display the 'Allow Flash' dialog window.  If you're not seeing this, you'll need to contact the content developer and tell them their content doesn't work correctly on Edge with Flash. You can also report the site to Microsoft.  Instructions for reporting the site to Microsoft are posted at the bottom of Microsoft's Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog block post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click on here link it tries to download flash, but all my settings on Edge is on for flash.

it was better if I can download flash like the old days before it is embedded into everything like Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional screenshot.  It's definitely a content issue.

You do have Flash installed, but that particular site is not coded correctly to conform to Edge's Flash detection technology and they'll need to fix it.

You can try using IE.  If you encounter issues, see Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer for assistance.  If IE doesn't work, the alternative is to use a different browser.  I know it's not ideal for some folks as they have browsers they prefer over others.  At this time the Flash landscape amongst the various browsers is constantly shifting and content developers have to stay up-to-date with changes being made by browsers with just about every release they have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried it on google chrome, it still did the same as above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google also disables Flash by default on Chrome and you'll need to enable it.  There are a few different ways to do this.  Google's tech note, Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help , has the different options for enabling Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even on chrome it is set to flash and it still don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend contacting the content developer and informing them of the issues you've encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines