• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 flash won't enable?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is showing that it's enabled but it won't work.  Adobe test on the download page says it is not enabled.  I found one post with the same problem and it said to 'use software rendering instead of GPU rendering'.  I did that but flash still will not work. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

I found the answer.  You have to click the jigsaw when it appears and tell it to enable Flash for each site.  Kinda stupid but at least it works.

Latest w10 and edge upgrade specifically aims to stop flash on websites unless you click the jigsaw icon (just left of the star and book in the top right ribbon) and enable for that site.

It is a MS decision not an Adobe error.

The jigsaw only appears if edge is blocking flash.

Enabling flash in settings does not prevent this happening.

MS Edge - such a gre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, using Edge.  Don't know the version of Flash.  It comes with Windows 10 apparently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer.  You have to click the jigsaw when it appears and tell it to enable Flash for each site.  Kinda stupid but at least it works.

Latest w10 and edge upgrade specifically aims to stop flash on websites unless you click the jigsaw icon (just left of the star and book in the top right ribbon) and enable for that site.

It is a MS decision not an Adobe error.

The jigsaw only appears if edge is blocking flash.

Enabling flash in settings does not prevent this happening.

MS Edge - such a great browser but now impossible to do internet banking with HSBC that insists on Flash - and the secure link means the jigsaw does not appear to enable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you fix if there's no jigsaw? I have no notification it's being blocked - it just won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The instructions we provide for enabling Flash Player in Edge, Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)​, come from Microsoft.  If none of the instructions on this page work, it's possible the content isn't implementing appropriate Flash Player detection on on Edge.  In that event, I'd recommend contacting the content provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and it is on ESPN, so I don't know how it could possibly being blocked on that site.  I'm not seeing any "jigsaw".  This is BULLSHIT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on ESPN too.  Fantasy Football draft.  As soon as the ESPN front page loaded I saw the jigsaw next to the star, clicked it, and enabled flash for this site.  This is only for Microsoft Edge and does not apply to IE.  I also read that one particular Windows update awhile back had stopped Flash from working with Edge.  The fix there is to make sure your Windows has the latest updates.  If the Jigsaw icon isn't appearing for you I don't what to say.  If I hadn't figured it out I was just going to download Flash for Firefox and use that.  Windows 10 is a hassle.  It was a pain just to figure out how to open the control panel which is hidden, and I don't care for this integrated flash that needs to be enabled for each website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not seeing the puzzle piece there should be some text along the lines of "click here to download Flash Player'.  If you click that, Edge should intercept the link redirect and display the puzzle piece. See Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge for more assistance (including a link to Microsoft documentation on this behaviour in their browser).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the jigsaw piece. It is small and is on the address bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem & have tried everything. I'm currently logged into a site to see if it has issues & if the little jigsaw thing shows up. Which I didn't notice the last time I was having issues on the various sites. I wish they'd quit giving us the run around & actually fix the issue. Now I'm trying to remember why I quit using google chrome.  #struggleisreal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Edge?  The post I found said that a secure connection meant that the Jigsaw would not appear to enable it.  Idk why it does that but maybe that's the issue if you're not seeing the jigsaw icon?  You might just have to use a different browser.  Would you expect any less from a Microsoft product? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10 it is also not feasible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't talking about the operating system. Obviously your using Windows 10.  Edge is a browser and anyone can use any browser they choose for free.  If Edge is giving you problems you can download Firefox, Google Chrome, or even Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to know if anyone had this issue WITHOUT the jigsaw.  I've been through the Flash troubleshooting, & there is NOTHING on the address bar as far as a jigsaw, information symbol, or anything.  When I use the site that the Flash is needed it just "loads" forever & never has a pop-up prompt to "allow". I don't know what to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines