Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7 + FireFox 57 + Adobe Flash 27 NPAPI

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moderator: edited OS version in title, per comment #2]

We're trying to install the Adobe Flash ActiveX + Adobe Flash Plugin via SCCM.

After deploying the package, I can see Flash Active X is installing fine, but the plugin installation is not showing up.

The installation in both cases points to a MST transformation file - which is noted in the installation path of the Task Sequence Package.

I'm wondering if Adobe Flash flags are differentiated in version 27. We haven't packaged this software since version 16, and I understand their may be differences in the way it's done now.

Thanks,

Marcus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX in Windows 10, as such, the Flash Player ActiveX installer will not run on Windows 10 - it'll fail with an error. Since it's embedded in the browser, updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Updates.

but the plugin installation is not showing up.

What exactly does this mean?  Where is it not showing up?  Control Panel? browser?

The installation in both cases points to a MST transformation file - which is noted in the installation path of the Task Sequence Package.

Are you adding an MST file to the MSI installer?

I'm wondering if Adobe Flash flags are differentiated in version 27

I'm not sure what you mean by "Adobe Flash flags"

Please provide the following installation log files, for the same installation attempt:

FlashInstall log file(s) saved at the following location:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstal64.log
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log (both files are required)
  • verbose MSI installation log file with v+x (verbose + extra debugging) options enabled

Upload all files to cloud.acrobat.com/send (using the instructions at How to share a document), or to some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require login access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry - I was multitasking, and miswrote the initial issue. This is on a Windows 7 Machine. Do you want me to create another ticket in regards to this?

In regards to the flags: I'm using Microsoft's Orca to create an MST file to modify the Automatic updaters function of Adobe Flash.

http://www.itninja.com/software/adobe/flash-player-3/13-236

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key being "-au 2" being added to the target column, of the "CustomeAction" table.

The Robot Archive: SCCM - Package Adobe Flash Player in SCCM with ORCA

au 0=always install updates; au 1=notify me; au 2=never update.

IT Pro Tips for Adobe Flash Player 11 | ITNinja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no need to create a new discussion topic.  I edited the OS version in the title.

If the intent is to disable Auto Updates, the recommended deployment process is to deploy a custom mms.cfg file, immediately after running the installer, to disable the updates.  We don't recommend modifying the MSI installer with MST transform files.  To disable auto-updates (notification and background) add the following to the mms.cfg file:

AutoUpdateDisable=1

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

On 32-bit OS, the file is deployed to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  On 64-bit OS, the file is deployed to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.

A note on this is included in the Admin Guide, section 3.2.  I thought i was also included in the SCCM section, but I don't see it there.  I'll submit those updates for the next version of the Admin Guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything about "mms.cfg" files being mentioned in the 3.2 section of the manual. I do see it being mentioned in Chapter 4 though?

Appreciate all of the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, we need to document it better. The next update will be with the version 28 release.

Please do provide the previously requested information so that we can investigate further.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the office till the week after next. Will respond then.

Thanks again.

-Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sounds good.  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MSI Packages I'm refering to:

"install_flashplayer_27_active_x.msi

"install_flash_player_27_plugin.msi"

Downloaded from

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines