• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows 7 Flash Player update "Installation failed"

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install flash for 10 times and every time it said that install failed

Notes :

1-I tried end processing for explorer

2-I have chosen the Appropriate edition

so can any one handle the problem ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To troubleshoot the error, we'll need to obtain the following information:

• exact name of the installer log file being used (we have many, this allows us to attempt to reproduce using the same file you're using).
  • Flash Installation log files (these must be for the same installation attempt):
    • 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
    • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log AND C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log
    • Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

Upload all files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud , or some other files sharing service of your choice that doesn't require account login.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Due to the size of the files, do not post them in your reply, upload them as requested.

If you reply by email, do not attach the files to the email, as the forums software rejects email attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Document Cloud ​​ Here's the 3 required files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the log file.  Are you using a proxy server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes use tor browser but in default I don't use proxy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional information.

The installer you are using is the online/shim installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  The log file showing a proxy error.  I'll need to forward the log file to the online installer team for further investigation.

In the interim,  the full/offline installers are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section.  This installer should work for you.  If not, provide an updated FlashInstall32.log file.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work too

so how can I provide an updated file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload the FlashInstall32.log file to cloud.acrobat.com/send, as you did with the other files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking it's same log file as the install didn't work ,but ok here's the one you required,Maria.

here's updated FlashInstall32.log Adobe Document Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no current installation attempt in the log file you provided.  The last entry is November 6.

What does "It didn't work too" mean?  Did the installation complete with out errors?  Was there an error?  If so, what was it?  Please provide detailed information.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1-The last entry was 6 Nov because I uninstalled flash due to install it again

2-"it didn't work too" it was about the silent install you provided to me..
I installed that one then I examined if it installed and it didn't as you see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
"it didn't work too" it was about the silent install you provided to me

The link was to the full/offline installer.  It can be run silently, if the user provides the command-line argument to run it silently. Even in this case there should be an updated entry in the log file.

I installed that one then I examined if it installed and it didn't as you see

The log file logs every single installation (and uninstallation) attempt.  If there is no logs then something happened prior to it even starting.

The log file doesn't show any indication that any installer was launched. At minimum, launching the installer and closing the window without doing anything creates an entry in the log file.

Launching the installer and proceeding with installation, whether or not it fails creates an entry in the log file.  Nothing is logged, indicating it either was never launched (silently or otherwise), or it failed at some point prior to where it would start logging

Based on our statement, there should be an updated entry in the log file.

<edit>

Please provide exact steps you are taking to install Flash Player.  E.g.:

1. download flie from <insert URL to page you are downloading installer from).

2. double-click on fileName.exe,(replace with name of file you are actually using) installer launches

3. Select EULA check-box, click Install button to install

4. etc...etc...etc.

If there is an error, provide a screenshot.  If there is no error, Flash Player installed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines