• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7 IE 11 Persistent "This webpage wants to run the following add-on"

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having trouble with an install of Flash player on a Windows 7 64-bit computer running Internet Explorer 11. It started after removing all Flash related installs and installing the latest version (32.0.0.114 at the time of posting) to troubleshoot a separate program that uses Flash.

After installing, IE continually has the prompt "This webpage wants to run the following add-on: 'Adobe Flash Player' from 'Adobe Systems Incorporated'." Neither clicking Allow or Allow on All Websites has any effect. The page refreshes and the prompt returns.

When going to this page https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and clicking Check Now it says that Flash is installed, but for version it only says "32.0.0" and the animation further down on the page does not load.

ie11NoFlash.png

Troubleshooting I've done:

Run Adobe's Flash uninstaller and reinstalled

Reset Internet Explorer Settings

Verified the Shockwave Flash Object is allowed on all sites in IE's add-on settings

Verified ActiveX Filtering is not enabled in IE

Enabling "Enhanced Protected Mode" in IE

Run Adobe's Flash Uninstaller and tried a previous version, 32.0.0.101

Does anyone have any thoughts on what more I could try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Replying to my own post because after more searching and digging I found this post https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1640103 which worked for me. It involves adding the following registry keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}\iexplore\AllowedDomains]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}\iexplore\AllowedDomains\*]

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Replying to my own post because after more searching and digging I found this post https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1640103 which worked for me. It involves adding the following registry keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}\iexplore\AllowedDomains]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}\iexplore\AllowedDomains\*]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines