• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows7: Blank Flash Player Install Manager window when installing Flash

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doing a 'cut and paste' of conversation with 'help desk' tech who directed me here...

-  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  -

Reha

Hello. I’ll be happy to assist you. What can I help you with today?

for the past several months, I've been attempting to download updates for my Flash program and it 'fails' every time, I have a word doc with screen shot to show the process at various points....

Reha

Help me with the platform you are trying to download?

the soon to be defunct Flash player

Reha

Are you downloading it in MAC or Windows?

windows
more specifically win7 ultimate

Reha

Give me a moment while I find a solution for you. Thanks for your patience.

no prob, just playing solotaire while I'm waiting 🙂

Reha

May I know which browser are you using?

I normally using Firefox but do have Explorer loaded as per microsoft auto-loading of programs....
which one of the 'screenshots' I have where after I close the 'defunct' download manager screen, it auto opens Explorer to a 'download manager' page...
but that page is as 'blank' as the download manager 'screen'

Reha

Martin, kindly refer the below mentioned link to post the request to our technical team.

forums.adobe.com

as I mentioned I've been 'playing' with this for the past several months and after trying it again today I thought I ought to advise you folks....
OK, can do

Reha

Thank your we appreciate your feedback.

errrr..... just went throught 'sign-up' and 'log-in' process and come up with a screen with the bar "Access to this community or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here. " ?!?!?!

Reha

Here is the link Martin.
12:58 PM
OK, that seems to link to something...

Reha

Yes kindly post your request there our technical team will get back to you.
-  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  - -  -  -  -  -  -
Any thoughts?!?!?

[moderator:  Edited title to more accurately describe issue encountered]
TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attempting to download updates for my Flash program and it 'fails' every time

What exactly does 'fail' mean?

Please provide steps to reproduce and a screenshot of the error message, if any, you are receiving.

We've not recieved widespread issues with downloading & installing Flash Player.  Usually this indicates an isolated issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st screenshot1st screenshot2nd screenshot2nd screenshot3rd screenshot3rd screenshot4th screenshot4th screenshot

What I call a fail is a failure of the download manager to process the download or even to be appearing to be working. All I see is a 'white' sub-screen in either the original download manager screen or the Explorer screen that comes up when I 'close' the download manager screen. As far as steps, I'm following the 'exact' instructions provided by Adobe for doing the update until I get to the 'white' screens, which I've left up in the past for over an hour on one occasion with nothing happening. As I mentioned to the help desk tech, Reha, I attempted this multiple times over the past few months with the same results. As I also mentioned, I'm not attempting a 'download & install' of the Flash Player as I already do have it up and running on my computer, I've just been attempting to follow the prompts to 'update' the program as I get the 'update' prompts from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following:

1. Right-click on the installer file and select Properties
  2. In the Generaltab click the Unblock button
    Picture1.png
  3. Click Apply
  4. Click OK to close the window
  5. Double-click on the installer file to launch the installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria, Just did as you suggested and it's appears to be working. Just curious because I've had Flash Player for years and have changed nothing on my computer, other than installing updates from MS, you and other programs as required, and haven't had this issue prior to it starting a couple of months ago, any idea's/thought on why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change security settings on your computer?  The blocking of the file is done by Windows, it's not a Fash Player installer issue.  For more information, you can perform an Internet search for something like "file blocked on windows"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, nothing has been 'changed' on my computer except as previously mentioned about installing 'required' program updates. My security setting, to my knowledge, haven't been changed from where I set them years back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines