• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WinXP w/Firefox: MSN video returns "We're sorry, but your browser does not support this video. Please install Adobe Flash version 10 or later."

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!!!!!!

So I use Firefox, go to msn and click on a video and it says "We're sorry, but your browser does not support this video. Please install Adobe Flash version 10 or later." I have uninstalled, rebooted (even shut off and back on again) and installed several times and still same thing happens. I go to the adobe test and it says I have the newest update and yes the clouds by the tree are moving.

Flash player help page says my system is

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION

Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Firefox (NPAPI)

Your Operating System (OS)

Windows (XP)

and it says "Congratulations, your computer has the latest Flash Player installed."

Yet when I'm using firefox, go to msn to watch video it still tells me "We're sorry, but your browser does not support this video. Please install Adobe Flash version 10 or later."

I have gone to Add-ons Manager and tried the protected mode on and off and still same thing and made sure it is setup for "Always Active".

I'm at a loss. Can someone please tell me what it is I have to do to make this darn thing work...

Thanks for any help you can come up with.

Bill H.

[moderator: edited title to be summarize the issue being reported.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Have you tried with a different browser (for example Chrome)? Does it give you same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the link of the web site you want to look at? Are other flash animations playing?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I'd really need to see a link to tell you, but it sounds like a content issue.  If you're seeing the animation, Flash Player is installed and enabled. 

There's probably not a lot you're going to be able to do from your end, beyond trying different browsers.

There's also a good chance that your WinXP machine just doesn't support any of the SSL/TLS configurations that the service you're using considers secure (websites actually have to degrade their cryptographic security in order to support WinXP users at this point).  It's quite possible that you're simply not able to retrieve the content.

It's definitely time to retire that WinXP machine.  It's just endless compatibility pain from here on out.  WinXP is down to about 5% market share, which is still a lot of people, but low single digits is where we start having serious discussions about dropping platforms. 

If you're cost sensitive and/or cannot afford to upgrade to a modern operating system, modern Linux distributions like Mint Linux offer a free solution that includes modern operating system level security mitigations and cryptography support.  If you prefer Windows or Macintosh, a decent entry-level Win10 laptop can be had in the $400 range, a decent entry-level Chromebook will run you about $250, and Walmart sells refurbished Apple products through their website, if you'd prefer an inexpensive alternative to retail Apple prices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines