• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With what should I replace Adobe Flash Player?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use the computer for anything sophesticated.  I am an elderly, casual user who needs to replace Adobe Flash Player.  Simple and free is better but time is of the essence.  I thank you for your help.  Jan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

There is no Flash Player replacement.  Content developers had over 3 years to migrate their content to some other technology.  Some chose to migrate, some chose not to, some are still in the process of migrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacbookPro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Flash Player replacement.  Content developers had over 3 years to migrate their content to some other technology.  Some chose to migrate, some chose not to, some are still in the process of migrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the point here is that it's time to replace the thing that depends on Flash Player.  A google search for "alternatives to <x>" is usually a good place to start.  Just be a little choosy about picking solutions from reputable companies.  If you're on MacOS or Windows 10, the relevant App Store for your operating system offers at least some degree of vetting and curation vs the free-for-all on the open web.

As far as casual games go, finding something comparable to a game you like that's paid means that you lose the ads and all the speed-bumps that are designed to maximize advertising revenue.  It might cost you $20-30 to pay for a game, but it's usually worth the trade in terms of enjoyment.

There's a game service called Humble Bundle (humblebundle.com) that offers monthly "pay-what-you-want" bundles that raise money for various charities.  They usually start at $3-5 dollars.  The post-holiday selection is a little thin at the moment for things that would probably interest you, but they also have individual games in the store, and a portion goes to chairty.  Just search for a category that you like (e.g. "farm", "puzzle", etc.) and you'll get a bunch of options. 

I don't usually recommend products and services here, but that might be a win-win-win in terms of getting quality games that work with your budget, while also doing some good in the world.  It might be worth a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Mac user and Preview isn't working I've been using Adobe for many documents.

Since Adobe is dsicontinuing certain products (?). What do I use as replacments? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple Preview is for PDF documents. Flash Player, which is being discontinued, doesn't open PDF file format.  The alternative to Flash Player is for content developers to create their content in some other technology

If you're experiencing issues with Preview, please contact Apple as Preview is their product, not Adobe's.  Apple's Preview User Guide page, https://support.apple.com/guide/preview/view-pdfs-and-images-prvw11470/mac, may be of assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines