• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YouTube Videos' Progress Bar Preview Thumbnail is Blank!

Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there;

I have the latest Flash player version (22.0.0.209) for my Win7 x64 Chrome browser.. Since the last 2 versions or so when I open a video on YouTube and use Flash player (not the awful HTML5) and hover over the progress bar I don't see a thumbnail preview for that particular frame.. I used to be able to do that just fine, but now it stopped.. Why is that?

P.S: Here's a screenshot of my problem so you could know better what I'm talking about.

http://store1.up-00.com/2016-07/1469647822841.png

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have no insight into the inner operations of the YouTube player.  Flash Player is a language runtime, similar to JavaScript. We're just processing YouTube's code and rendering pixels to the screen.  The fact that most of it works but the thumbnails don't display indicates that we're working, but there's probably a bug in their player.

YouTube has fully committed to HTML5 at this point, so I don't imagine they're investing a lot of effort in fixing or testing the Flash fallback, particularly when you need to jump through hoops to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines