• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why? SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: null

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing an Application in Flex 4 that contacts with webservices.

If I run my application with firefox or Chrome when it should catch one exception from the webservice, it doesn't show my exception message and show that error: SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: null

If I run my application with ie8 or with flash player (out of browser), it catch my exception and show my exception message... And this is OK.
Any ideas for my problem?
Best regards,
Miguel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

== SOLVED ==

Flash relies on the browser network stack to get results. etc..

Some browsers will stop and not send flash the body content if it receives a 500 Status code. The best way to fix the error would be to make the .net code not send a 500 status when you are sending a soapfault.

protected void Application_EndRequest(object sender, EventArgs e)

{
     if (Context.Response.StatusCode == 500 || Context.Response.StatusCode == 300)
      {
           Context.Response.StatusCode = 200;
     }

}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Solved.

We were having this problem intermittently with a Flex 4.1 App running off of a ColdFusion 9 Server. It turned out that the Error 500 was misleading. By removing <cfdump> tags, the error disappeared. My recommendation: always remove the <cfdump> tags from the production code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am also using ColdFusion9 webservice with Flash Builder 4 and 4.5 sdk and getting the following error(which resemble a single one) in different conditions and these is no CFDump tag, in the webservice which I am using, can you please help:

When I run the application/or say publish it in AIR, within Flash Builder 4 and try searching, I get this error after 2-3 searches:
Error#1085: The element type "P" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</P>".
Null

And If I simply run the AIR application, outside the Flash Builder, Then I get the following error:
Error #1085
Null

And If I publish my application as normal SWF file into HTML and not AIR, then the error says:
SOAP response cannot be decoded. Raw response:
null

Thanks

Chit1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines