• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex SDK 3.2 : Unmarshalling issue : SOAP objects are not deserialized completely

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2008 Dec 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody !

I have a strange problem with SOAP deserialization in flex 3.2, and I thought this forum will be the best place to get answers ...

When I try to fetch some objects (like the ones shown below), the XMLDecoder does not deserialize all the properties.
In this case, it stops at the property named "rating". After it, all other data are lost.

I've used the flex builder debugger to locate the problem, and this lead me to the following method in the XMLDecoder class :

getApplicableValues(parent:*, valueElements:XMLList, name:QName,context:DecodingContext, maxOccurs:uint):XMLList:

State of the variables, before the "bug" :

The strange behavior appears after the five first properties had been deserialized correctly.

At this step : startIndex = 5, and the next property to unmarshall is "user" (according to the MExpertNotes object mapping)

the valueElement's list contains the following elements :

to simplify the notation, I will write only the position in the list and the xml tag name (see the complete soap response for more details at the end of this post)

(position, fieldName)
(0, ID) -> inherited from MotocycletteObjectImpl
(1,comment)
(2, noteValidation) (a Bean, never returned by our service -> set to null)
(3,noteValidationID)
(4,rating)
(5,timeOfCreation) -> inherited from MotocycletteObjectImpl
(6,user) (a Bean, never returned by our service -> set to null)
(7,userExpert) (a Bean, never returned by our service -> set to null)
(8,userExpertID)
(9,userID)
(10,version) -> inherited from MotocycletteObjectImpl

when it enters the for loop, at the first iteration the valueElements.name is equals to "timeOfCreation" and the name parameter is equal to "user".

so this test : if (name == null || valueElements.name() == name
|| ((name.uri == "" || name.uri == null)
&& name.localName == valueElements.name().localName))

returns false. The skipAhead variable is set to false (and i don't understand why). It stops iterating over the valueElementList, and so, skips all other properties.

Is this a bug ? Does a workaround exists ?

This affects many of our objects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Jules Pajot
R&D engineer for Mikros Image
www.mikrosimage.fr

[EDIT] : My Message was too long, so I put the complete message here :
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dd6j35ft_38grb9c7cr

PS : I apologize for my english wich is far from perfect :)

As a reminder , the XMLDecoder class method ( line 2204 ):
TOPICS
Developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody has an idea about my problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<div class=Section1><br /><br /><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";<br />color:#1F497D'>The holidays are starting here.  The experts in the area may<br />already be away.  Please file a bug.  It might help if you can simplify your<br />test case to use an XML file that is local so we don&#8217;t need your server<br />connection.<o:p></o:p></span></p><br /><br /><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";<br />color:#1F497D'><o:p> </o:p></span></p><br /><br /><div style='border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><br /><br /><p class=MsoNormal><b><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span></b><span<br />style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Jules Pajot<br />[mailto:member@adobeforums.com] <br><br /><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, December 23, 2008 9:05 AM<br><br /><b>To:</b> flexsdk-dev@adobeforums.com<br><br /><b>Subject:</b> Re: Flex SDK 3.2 : Unmarshalling issue : SOAP objects are not<br />deserialized completely<o:p></o:p></span></p><br /><br /></div><br /><br /><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><br /><br /><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'>A new message was posted by<br />Jules Pajot in <br><br /><br><br /><b>Developers</b> --<br><br />  Flex SDK 3.2 : Unmarshalling issue : SOAP objects are not<br />deserialized completely<br><br /><br><br />Nobody has an idea about my problem ? <o:p></o:p></p><br /><br /><div class=MsoNormal><br /><br /><hr size=2 width=200 style='width:150.0pt' align=left><br /><br /></div><br /><br /><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'>View/reply at <a<br />href="http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?13@@.59b74f93/0">Flex SDK 3.2 :<br />Unmarshalling issue : SOAP objects are not deserialized completely</a><br><br />Replies by email are OK.<br><br />Use the <a<br />href="http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?280@@.59b74f93!folder=.3c060fa3">unsubscribe</a><br />form to cancel your email subscription.<o:p></o:p></p><br /><br /></div>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2008 Dec 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops ! It's holidays in France too !

So, best wishes, and merry christmas !

See you next year !

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And 3 years later, I land on the very same breakpoint with 7 google results.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

I'll try upgrading my SDK and get back to the people finding this in 2015 with whether it worked or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People of 2015, this problem no longer appears using SDK 4.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines