• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TLF - need more documentation examples on...

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've read through the pdf a couple times, and while it's handy on getting started, where does more complete documentation live that I can read/print about the different styles that are supported by TLF markup?  There's only a handfull of examples here, and there's no documetion with all the markup attributes that I can find. It's slightly frustrating since I want to:

Use a DIV Layer, with paragraph formats ( I am trying to make something look like a blog and want to render convert dhtml to TextFlow)

add IMG tags, i tried to use ones from my XHTML skills, no luck, images don't display

Add a linefeed after all paragraphs,

paddingTop doesn't seem to be applied to paragraphs, is there another way to do this

how to use the link tag and style

While the components are great, the documenation is lacking, why insn't this included in the ASDocs, there's a lot of information needed.

better examples seems like the place for it. Examples, note neccessarily projects to download, for fast reading and understanding

provide the best path to learning.

Thanks for your time,
Patrick

TOPICS
Text layout framework

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the grammar errors and typos, man i just can't communicate clearly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some pointers, I hope these help you in getting to the next base

• And of course this forum contains a lot of info too, but be aware that a lot of the older threads discuss now obsolete or chagned API's or fixed bugs.

• Padding is only supported on the container, if you want to give your paragraphs a margin then use the paragraphEndIndent (right margin), paragraphStartIndent (left margin), paragraphSpaceBefore (top margin) and paragraphSpaceAfter (bottom margin).

• In the AS3 reference (first link above) you'll find a lot of simple samples to get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are additional examples here:

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/tlf/Text+Layout+Framework

in the Download section.

Hope that helps,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines