• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Frame Maker crashing when opening files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue when opening files in Frame Maker the application will crash and come up with the attached error.

Internal Error 15024. FrameMaker has detected a serious problem and must quit

Tried to narrow down the issue and see if this issue only affected particular files but it appears random, other users here using the same version are also having the issue so it is not isolated to one user.

I emailed the dump file to fmerror@adobe.com but the error message states that they are unable to respond to technical questions and I have no idea how to read the dump file. Someone mentioned that it might have to do with not having a default printer selected which I thought was odd, so I mapped to a printer and set as default but still having issue.

Sorry if I left out any details, I would be glad to provide any additional information if needed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Computer is running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1803, Build 17134.1069

Adobe Frame Maker 2019

Version 15.0.2.503

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the FM engineers can make heads or tails of the crash logs. Was this working before? If so, what's changed in your environment? Any source control at play here? Files local or on network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. We just started using this version last month, so hard to say what has changed so far. These files I am having issues with are all saved locally, I can ask my coworkers if they have the same issue with locally saved files or files on the network

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating FrameMaker? We're up to update 4 now (15.0.4.751). If that doesn't help, have you tried running the application in administrator mode? I have a vague recollection of having all sorts of odd crashes stop happening once I switched to running in admin mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to download the latest update and try running in administrator mode and see if that helps. Although my organization has pretty tight policies with allowing users to have admin access at least I can give it a shot and rule out that possibility. Thanks for your time, I will give your suggestion a try and post my results once I have time to test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so I went ahead and updaed to the latest update 15.0.4.751 and had some time to use FrameMaker and still having the same issue.I haven't tried running in admin mode yet, I will give that a try as I need assistance from our IT organization as my account does not have these priveleges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines