• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe pdf printer keeps going away

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe Framemaker 2019 with Adobe Professional 2017.  For the past week, we have been having issues with the Adobe pdf printer inadvertently disappearing.  The only solution we have so far is to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Pro.  We cannot keep doing this so I have reached out to Adobe support for a solution but have not heard back yet.  This seems to only be happening to those of us in the company using FrameMaker 2019.  Is anyone else having this problem that can offer a solution? We don't know if there is a company involved script or something like that causing this. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check. Might also be something to do with Windows updates - I've noticed recent updates have messed up my Windows printer instances lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Sadly, we have not uploaded any patches yet because we are kinda afraid to.  We have some plugins installed on our computers that interface with FrameMaker, i.e., Timesavers and Framescript.  We also have our maker file configured with some items like a reference to the company dictionary and we have fonts installed as well.  We'll have to run the latest update on a test computer to see if it messes anything up.

Our IT is hopefully going to research this.  They don't have a clue so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Your plugins or FrameScript scripts should not be affected.

Adobe fixed lots of issues in the updates. Therefore I would really do this.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the printer is vanishing for all applications and in Control Panel?
On just one system?

What is the default printer on this machine?

re: uninstall and reinstall Adobe Pro

Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It vanishes from the list of available printers in the control panel. We set the default printer as Adobe pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is starting to sound like a Windows problem. Anyone who can help will need to know
what Windows Edition 7,...,10, home, pro, enterprise, etc.
Version: e.g. 1903
32- or 64-bit
OS build: e.g. 18362.1016

Any notion of the event triggering the vanishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this sounds like a Windows problem.  We just have to wait on our IT to consider this important enough to work on now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have suspicions a Webex script might be causing this when the software updates in the background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've definitely heard of that happening then - usually it's messed up on the receiving end of a WebEx connection, not the initiating side, but ymmv!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines