• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFrame autoresizes in FrameMaker 2020: How do I turn it off?

Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I resize an image in FrameMaker 2020, the anchored frame resizes to the image automatically. How do I turn this off. Is there an FDK/ExtendScript property that I can use to turn it off? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. It's not happening for me. Graphics settings are:

Anchoring Position: At Insertion Point

Align Type: Center

DPI: 300

Raster Images DPI in HTML Output: 300

If I use Object Properties to resize the graphic, the anchored frame remains the same size whether I have it in a table cell or just in the main flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. As Lin my anchored frames do not change, when I resize the image in this anchored frame.

I also checked maker.ini, but could not find anything.

When did this start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, is it a structured file with the DITA DTD or at least looks like the DITA DTD? If so, it might be the DITA plugin doing it. I seem to remember having the same problem and had to disable everything DITA to make it stop. But in earlier versions of FM.

The DITA implementation is sloppy in many ways, and this is one of them. If it thinks you are using a DITA file, it automatically does a bunch of things that you might not want and there is apparently no way to turn them off. You don't have to be using a DITA file. You only have to be using a file that it thinks is DITA, maybe by just simple element name recognizition or something. It's a real aggravation.

Here was my complaint about it last year. I did not get any solution.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/how-to-disable-dita-automation-on-graphics-lt-image-gt/m-p...

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Russ. Yes, it is a structured DITA topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines