• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Als PDF speichern erstellt nur eine leere .ts Datei

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wenn wir bei einem Arbeitsplatz im Framemaker die Option als PDF Datei speichern auswählen wird nur eine .ts Datei in dem Verzeichnis erstellt, mit 0 KB.

Als PDF drucken funktioniert zwar, aber das ist nicht das selbe Ergebnis.

Wir haben bereits Framemaker und Acrobat neu installiert, ohne Erfolg. Das Ergebnis ist immer nur die .ts Datei.

Was können wir tun?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

This behavior isn't uncommon at all.

Save as PDF is a nice shortcut, but I often need to use File > Print to produce PDF for my own and my clients' projects.

See http://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/  for the settings that give me solid output 100% of the time.

If you find something solves your problem, please post a reply here so I can update my list.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM? Full Acrobat version or just the "headless" one that ships with FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Framemaker 2015 with latest Patches.

Acrobat Pro XI Full Version (from Technical Communication Suite 5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this thread it is the same Problem.

But no solution there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't look like one - was it working before in FM2015 and now it doesn't? If so, what changed? Do you get the same thing happening with all FM docs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was working - it works no longer since a week. The only Change was the Installation of a Printer Software from an OEM. But this Software is uninstalled now and FM and Adobe reinstalled.

The Problem is with all FM docs. We have tried it with empty docs, too, but the same Problem. Only a empty .ts file with 0KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange - but you say that printing to the Adobe PDF printer instance works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behavior isn't uncommon at all.

Save as PDF is a nice shortcut, but I often need to use File > Print to produce PDF for my own and my clients' projects.

See http://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/  for the settings that give me solid output 100% of the time.

If you find something solves your problem, please post a reply here so I can update my list.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

thank you for the answer.

We have tried to switch the Settings to CMYK and now it works.

RGB ist not working, but we can live in the Moment with CMYK.

Kathrin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Yes, that RGB/CMYK snag cost me quite a few hours of unsuccessful processing time before I abandoned the RGB option and made CMYK my explicit choice.

Glad you got it worked out.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines