• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any dialogue with Browse URL button (Import, New) immediatle quits and terminates FM 15.0.0.838

Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

This morning I successfully set up a WebDAV connection to an example server, described the process and imported files from the server.

Then I set the computer asleep and later waked it up.

For a while I could import graphics from my system, but suddenly the import dialogue (or the New document dialogue) quit and FM terminated without error message or dump.

For the open files there were *.lck files left and fortunately also autosave files.

Since then I can not use File > New > Document or File > Import > File anymore.

Neither restarting FM nor restaring Windows 10  helped.

There are no files or folders in $HOME changed (checked modifaction date to be of today).

Nevertheless I will re-install FM and see whether this helps.

This becomes tough!

• Have re-installef FM now.
  • Start FM 15.0.0.838
  • CTRL + n briefly displays the dialouge, then ZOING...

Will restart Windows again.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

This is another story of side-effects.

• Around the time of failure there was a W10 update «Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 (Version 1.313.2253.0)»
  • Neither restarting FM nor Windows 10 helped.
  • Other version of FM (14, 16 beta) do not have this problem
  • An update of «Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.313.2300.0)» today did not help.
  • Hence my tests included switching off/on DirectFolders (see purpose for example here).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is another story of side-effects.

• Around the time of failure there was a W10 update «Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 (Version 1.313.2253.0)»
  • Neither restarting FM nor Windows 10 helped.
  • Other version of FM (14, 16 beta) do not have this problem
  • An update of «Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.313.2300.0)» today did not help.
  • Hence my tests included switching off/on DirectFolders (see purpose for example here). This utility turned to be the culprit.
  • So I searched and found setting in this utility to make the problem disappear:  In DirectFolders > Configuration > Applications for FM-15 set «Don’t track this applications recent folders»

Why happens the problem only in one application and started just around the security update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines