• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any tips on activating FrameMaker from within a corporate firewall?

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague recently had a hard drive crash/replacement, which required a reinstall of her FM10 instance... and now she can't manage to get it activated. We've always needed our internal Help Desk's assistance to navigate through the company firewall/proxies, but this time even our Help Desk can't seem to make it work. It's freaking me out a bit, because we're about to upgrade the whole group to TCS2017, and soon we'll all have to worry about activation. I know there used to be an activate-by-phone option (back in ye olden days), but I don't think that's been available for years. Has anyone faced a similar situation? Are there any workarounds available from the Adobe side?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking at an Adobe support issue.

Go back to the main Fm forum page and use one of these options to contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because FM is used by people on secure air-gapped systems, Adobe has to have a process for activating without a network connection. Have your people call their people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Have your people call their people" is almost certainly the right answer... but since "my people" are corporate-level outsourced IT vendors, making this happen has proven challenging! The answer I got from Adobe Customer Care is that there's a way to create an enterprise-deployable "package" that installs a preactivated version of the software... but so far, I've run into the same kinds of firewall issues getting to the tools for creating that package as we did with activation to begin with. No doubt this has to be done at a higher level by the IT folks, but I'm still working on getting the right people to do it for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update to this, somehow our IT support people managed to install and activate our software... and I still have no idea how they managed it. So my problem has been (somewhat mysteriously) solved, but my question has not been answered! Such is the life of the lowly user, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a private message with detailed instructions for creating a pre-activated package of FM 10. I would request you to respond back if you have any questions.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines