• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry Images in .html publish

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a single source file to export as a .pdf and .html 5. Dozens of images, all screen shots since this is a software IFU. All of the captions were added in FM.

This looks great in .PDF.

However, the images are too blurry to read the screen content. I can get them to the correct size, but the distiller just shrinks the quallity too much. I am going to have to find a very time consuming workaround if i can't fix this. Any guidance is appreciated. 

I did create a distiller setting that does not compress images . . . to no success.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What image file format for import (BMP, PNG, etc?)
What color model (contone, indexed, grayscale, B&W bitmap?)

re: I did create a distiller setting that does not compress images . . . to no success.
The looks-great-in-PDF suggests that the problem is in some other output workflow, perhaps HTML, but maybe eBook, in which case the Distiller settings would not apply.
What would apply is Publish settings. FM by default wants to convert to JPG or PNG for HTML, for example, and there probably are some resampling settings for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

To my understanding, the Distiller is needed to include the captoins and arrows used in the final images. There is a box to check in the .HTML output settings (see attached), and when i don't check it, no images are produced. in the final output. 

When processing the file for .html, the distiller goes through each image in a frame. I clicked on one of the files within the distiller window and it was a perfectly high res .pdf -- but when the process was done, all those images had been downsampled and saved as the .png files i requested and i couldn't find the good versions. Very wierd. 

I'm looking around for other settings. Will update.

2020-09-18_8-57-28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all your images (with captions & arrows) inside anchored frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . all are native .png files and i'd like the export to be that way, too. but i'll settle for quality and readability

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM are you running? Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

1. I believe the "distiller" here is not the same distiller as PDF.

2. I looked at your settings, Try to clear the settings of Width in Preferred Dimensions and the settings for Maximum dimensions.  Then it might be OK. In Preferred Dimensions select "Maintain Aspect Ratio"

If you wish to make responsive HTML, then setting a Preferred Width will make this not responsive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines