• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Crashes on Open -- Other Users Fine

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to recent events, our department has all gone remote. For FrameMaker only, we have setup a virtual machine on our local server and VPN into it remotely. I've installed and updated Frame (most current version/update). I can use it fine for all of our book files. Another user who opens a particular book file has immediate crashes upon opening. I can open the file fine. Any ideas why that might be?

Since it's the same Frame installation, on the same machine, the only differences I can think of have to do with user profiles or user profile stored files, such as temp files or local caches. Is there a particular path I might explore to find/delete possibly corrupted files? Error logs, perhaps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message (or what's in consfile.txt)?
What version of FM?
Where is it running:
. on the VM (remoting the UI), or
. on the remote PC (remoting the filesystem)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably violating your license agreement by putting it on a server - there's definitely "local" user temp files issues with that setup. That's why they sell FM Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's on a single instance virtual machine. It's exactly like we've got it setup on a single machine in the office and different people are sitting down and logging onto it. We've also all got it installed on our "main machines" and can use our authorized second copy sign in to Frame on the VM.

If he's not getting a visible error during the crash, where/what kind of temp files/error files are there? I can't seem to locate any files that stand out to me, and I thought I knew where Frame files were stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines