• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmark Action

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bookmark action View>Page Navigation>Previous View is not working in Chrome or Edge browsers. Is there a way to correct so this function works when viewing in the browswers?

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultmh8k6lr799kr:

This is the Adobe FrameMaker forum. Is this actually a FrameMaker question? A bookmark created in FrameMaker will go to a specific spot in the document when the file is exported to PDF. A link can be defined that will go back to the previous view. Did you mean link? Let's confirm that you are a FrameMaker user asking about links, and then we can try to address your question. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Barb Binder ,

Thank you for responding to my post! I appreciate your explanation and realize now I may not be sure myself. When I create a PDF of a book from FM, I add a bookmark to the PDF file and set the bookmark properties under the action tab to View>Page Navigation>Previous View. The function works in the PDF document, but does not once the PDF is uploaded to the internet. Is there something I should be doing in FM before creating the PDF? I tend to think this might be a browser issue because the operation works in the PDF file before it is uploaded. I am starting to wonder if there is anything that I can do to correct it on my end. 

Thank you again for taking the time to consider my question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultmh8k6lr799kr:

Ok, I understand. Thank you for clarifying.

You can customize bookmarks once you open the file in Acrobat, but the automatic bookmarks generated by FrameMaker simply link to the headings listed in PDF Setup. 

You might want to ask this on the Acrobat forum since you are customizing the bookmarks in Acrobat, but I suspect you will get the same answer that I going to give you. Adobe is in charge of Adobe Acrobat so of course everything works. When you are viewing a PDF in Chrome or Edge, Google and Microsoft are now controlling the viewing experience.

In my personal experience, the only way to get the expected results every time is to view PDFs exclusively in Acrobat or Reader. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Barb Binder ,

Thank you again for your follow up! I feel like I am reachng the correct conclusion that this is a browser issue resulting from controls Chorme and Edge are imposing. Thank you for helping confirm my suspicions and clearing up my confusion! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are always happy to help, @defaultmh8k6lr799kr.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines