• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I save as FM2017 with the latest Framemaker

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a perpetual license of Framemaker 2017 and am looking to add a license. Is it possible to buy another 2017 seat? From what can see on the website I can only buy the latest (doesn't state the version).

If I can't buy 2017 then can I at least work on and save as FM2017 format on the latest version of the tool?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only save down one version from your current one as a FrameMaker binary (.fm) document. However, you can save to Maker Interchange Format (.mif) from any version and open it in any other version.

An alternative is my ConvertDocs script at frameexpert dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Rick pointed out, if you use only FM2017 features, FM2020 can save seamlessly back to FM2017 (actually back to FM8.0) via MIF.

I've saved back to FM7 via MIF, but as that crosses the Unicode boundary, constraints are more severe.
FM2017, no real problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines