• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find simple paragraph\text alignment toolbar

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there is a keyboard shortcut and probably other methods but I used to have a simple toolbar on top to align text right\center\left with one click, which was great.

For some reason, I can't find it. I set all toolbars to view but it is still gone. Am I missing something? I have included a screenshot of what I see. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Hi @Giovanni23132686p79k:

It appears to be hiding under the Text Formatting toolbar (with all the Ts), which is undocked. Second row, far left. Grab the dark gray left edge of the Text Formatting toolbar, and dock it anywhere along the toolbar. When you see a blue bar, reelase the mouse. (As a heads up, the Direction toolbar is also undocked. You can redock it the same way.)

~Barb

toolbar.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be hiding under the Text Formatting toolbar (with all the Ts), which is undocked. Second row, far left. Grab the dark gray left edge of the Text Formatting toolbar, and dock it anywhere along the toolbar. When you see a blue bar, reelase the mouse. (As a heads up, the Direction toolbar is also undocked. You can redock it the same way.)

~Barb

toolbar.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! Thanks, you're a lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are always happy to help.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb: We are always happy to help.

… and also to add some caveats about what those buttons are actually doing (and Barb knows this, but didn't burden you with it).

What most of those tools do is apply an override to the Properties of the selected Paragraph or Characters. Unless the catalog is updated, or a new Format name saved off, your re-alignment is apt to vanish without warning on some future document edit. This typically happens when the parent Paragraph Format is updated, and Update-Style is selected: bye-bye overrides.

For a casual render&forget document, not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. I'll keep that in mind as I go through and if I have problems, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines