• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Find StructMasterPageMaps

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a structured master page map so that I can exclude headers from certains parts of the publication. In my structured template that I have been using to build the publication, the only related reference page showing is UnstructMasterPageMaps, and I can't find any way to get StructMasterPageMaps to appear. I would like the ability to use element attributes to determine if a page should use a certain master page or not. 

TOPICS
Getting started , Structured , XML author

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Open your structured document and choose Format > Page Layout > Apply Master Pages and see if it creates a reference page and table for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your structured document and choose Format > Page Layout > Apply Master Pages and see if it creates a reference page and table for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on Rick's {correct} tip, 
Reference Page: MasterPageMaps, and
the UnstructMasterPageMaps table on it,
don't {usually} exist until the first time an AMP is run.

The question doesn't arise too often on the forum, because for most enterprises, some document architect has created templates that already have that asset populated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked on my actual document, but my structured template file itself is not pulling this up when I apply the master pages. I would like this to be in the template file so that when the document is created through xml and FrameMaker the master pages will already be applied and the map doesn't have to be recreated each time. Am I still missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open one of your structured documents, select the top-level element and copy it to the clipboard.
  2. Open the template and paste the content into the template.
  3. Choose Format > Page Layout > Apply Master Pages so that the reference page and table are created in the template.
  4. Delete the content from the template.
  5. Save and close the template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I had tried something similar, just creating a top level element from the elements menu on the template and that didn't work. Maybe because I didn't put any text in it? Or because it didn't conform to the EDD since there weren't the required child elements? Regardless, your solution here worked, thank you for the handholding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines