• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't rename a style in FrameMaker 2017--Update All button GONE in Paragraph Designer?!

Participant ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was forced to use the new 2017. I have tons and tons of docs to convert from one template into my FrameMaker template. Before the 2017 version, I was able to change the name of a style (e.g., "Normal" to "Body"), so when I applied my template, all the tags would apply perfectly and take the task of me having to apply the same style thousands of times within a doc---ummm, what happened to the Update All button in the Paragraph Designer?! My God, you can't remove this---you will cause me hours/days/weeks/months of extra work. Please someone, please tell me this is not GONE. Also, the online help mentions nothing about this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

We will be adding the rename functionality in Update-1.

Additionally, we're working on replicating the freeze issue and will try to fix the same in Update-1 as well.

~Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can do the same using Global Update options.

Global Update.png

After making all changes to the style, click Global Update Options, update all tags named Normal to Body.

Please let me know if you see issues.

~Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Abishek! I did know that, but that's more clicks for me---I wonder why they removed the button as it was quicker & I constantly used it? I also noticed a really bad bug---if I have a file open for a long time, the bottom of the screen no longer displays the correct style that my cursor is in, nor does it display the correct page number (another feature I constantly need with my conversions)...it gets stuck on a page/style & then I have to restart FM (taking precious time)---this isn't going to work for me for these doc conversions (I have hundreds).

I've been using FM for over 20 years and have loved it so much, but am scared to think what else has changed. If it's going to start make my word processing life harder, then I need to start looking for an alternative for the 1st time in 20 years---would be very sad to do that---especially since I run several departments for companies and have thousands of files in FM. If you can help me figure out a fix for the style/page # too? Thx for quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed a really bad bug---if I have a file open for a long time, the bottom of the screen no longer displays the correct style that my cursor is in, nor does it display the correct page number

Good lord, that sounds like some kind of horrible memory leak.

Is Frame 2017 really ready for public release with bugs like that in it?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will ensure that your issues are resolved. I'll ask someone from our support team to get in touch with you and understand the issues you're facing.

Thanks!

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have sent you a private message and I would request you to provide the requested details so that we can proceed further to troubleshoot the issue you were facing with FM 2017.

Regards,
Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm super impressed with the Adobe reply here and for actually contacting me by email and phonecall and working with me on the issues---thanks Ajit! Two issues need to be resolved:

• Please ask them to RETURN the Update All button. I convert many docs and renaming styles is a huge part of my conversion process as it makes it so much easier. Now---something that took me ONE simple click now takes me FIVE clicks (Commands | Global Update Options | click All Properties | click All Tagged... | click Update)...a lot when I am renaming 5-10-15+ styles in tons of docs that I am converting! Please bring this back!
  • Below is a screenshot of what I was talking about with the bottom of my page window "freezing"---only fix was to restart (I can't start having to do this during a super busy day):

Adobe_FrameMaker Bug.jpg

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

We will be adding the rename functionality in Update-1.

Additionally, we're working on replicating the freeze issue and will try to fix the same in Update-1 as well.

~Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines