• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can you customize the table format drop down menu in "insert table"

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to customize the Table Format drop-down menu (in Insert Table) to reflect the customized list in the Table Catalog?

Frame 2019

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand. If I create a new table tag, it is going to appear in the Table Catalog. And if I go "Insert Table" I AM able to select my new tag in the Table Format drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Table catalog you can customize the list to show what you want to be available directly in the catalog. It doesn't delete anything, just hides the extras you want ot keep, but don't use and want to remain hidden so as to avoid confusion for other document users.

It's that gear shaped thing in the middle, "Set Available Formats" on the Table Catalog tab. If you select the "Customized List" radio button and click "Edit..." you can show or hide any of your Table formats whether you use them or not.

However, when you insert a table, the Table Format drop-down menu lists all of the formats. So if, for example, I have 20 formats but my Table Catalog customized list only has 5 of them, I will still have all 20 formats in the Table Format drop-down menu when I go to insert a table. I have to wade through all of them to find the one Iwant. I don't want to do that. I only want the 5 listed in the customized list, and still keep the other 15 "hidden".

I'm hoping there is a way to do this without a script.

Robert

FrameMaker 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Robert,

The feature isn't very usable unless it applies when you insert a new table. As is, it is only relevant when you are changing the format of an existing table. If you are willing to take an extra step, you can insert your new table choosing any format and then click in the table catalog to pick one of the formats you really do want to allow.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines