• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you save a table structure in an FM document and then add it as needed?

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to save generic table structures for Notice, Caution, Warning, and Danger boxes. Each box needs 2 columns: one for the appropriate icon and another for the word Notice, etc., followed by a line for the necessary text. Then each time we need a Notice box we can paste the generic Notice box (which already has the Notice icon and the word Notice) and just type in the text.

I'd like to avoid using something from a Reference page because I think that items on the Reference page are ignored when you output to Responsive HTML5. I don't want the boxes to disappear.

If you have an idea how to do this, I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Chris

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Publishing , Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, 

My team and I managed to do this by editing and re-importing the CSS stylesheet that you can export from the output settings. 

Required a bit of fiddling but we ultimately got it going, 

Curious to know if theres a better way to do this as well - DITA user. 

I think it would be great if Adobe implemented a "Designer" page with previews for the various outputs, the current settings adjustments are a bit "meh", 

Hope you guys find a workable sollution, 

Cheers, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A better preview of design changes is an excellent idea!

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

In a previous project I solved this similarly to @Lewis5FED .

Created table formats with paragraph formats for the icon in the left column and the signal word in the right column.

The icon was taken from the reference page with the Frame Above Pgf feature.

The keyword was entered with automatic numbering.

Then the warning tables have already the correct structure.

For HTML5 I adapted the CSS to show the warning icon in the correct place with the correct spacing. The signal word was entered correctly in the conversion to HTML5. Also the icon can be copied in the conversion process (the option in the Publish pod is "Import Reference Page Images"). However, the icon will be above the baseline of the signal word.

Therefore the HTML5 conversion can be set up to do 90 % automatically, but you should adapt the CSS, so that everything looks like you want.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines