Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot initialize API Client

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue.PNG

I have script which does book 2 dita for 2 books. During second book it shows above error. but books are same, no problems with inputs ? does anybody know what does this problem mean ?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue if you do same stuff by Hand?

For me it seems that this is no problem with your script but with Content in your book.

Are you using SVG graphics? If so could you remove them and check if this still happens.

If not, insert von SVG after the other, perhaps there's a Problem with a specific SVG in your documents.

svg2pdf.dll is a Plugin which converts SVG to PDF for displaying SVG graphics in FM documents (before FM 2019, I think)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 run for 2books. it finishes the first one then start second for the same books. so seems content okey if it is working for one book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you run the same process für 2 (different) books. The first ist OK the seconds has this error. So why are you assuming that Content is OK, when content is different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

becuase i copied one from another. I think this issues comes from the ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an error at FrameMaker startup I think. Are you starting FrameMaker fresh for each book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Same book runs 2times...

Yes Maybe it's a Memory issue. Open Taskmanager and check Memory usage… Runs it up to 1 GB RAM?

I managed to solve a long time out-of-memory issue by deactivating "Auto Spellcheck" in preferences. It's worth to check to this.

Furthermore, check if you are using SVGs. If so remove them for testing an replace them by a PNG or similar stuff and check if this happens again.

Furthermore I have a lot of Memory Issues in FM2015 and 2017 when building up books from DITA with lot of topics.

Install FM2019 64bit if this solves the Problem and check Memory usage also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I run script which does book2dita for one book, when it finishes for the first one, then it starts for the second one. I do all within one script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click ok it shows again and I click ok, it shows same, sometimes it saves some .fm file to dita and then shows the following problem:

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this Error-Screenshot just means: FM has crashed no more Information available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows error after 1100 MB

I use frame maker 17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking if i can close the files/books after saving to dita will fix this  ? is this true ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1100 MB is the value where FM runs out of Memory...

Closing Files is an approach indeed, if it solves this issue, you'll see.

Please deactive auto Spellchecker, to be sure you don't run into same trap than me.

Otherwise it's hard to find a good algorithm to avoid Memory issues. Good luck with this.

Otherwise try FM2019 64bit, that's the easier way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, where can I deactivate it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences > Spellchecking > Options

Checkbox: Auto spell check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I close files/books and I see in the end around 900 Mb. seems it frees the memory but it should not be 900 MB if it frees it properly.

But I'm thinking that there is a way to delete the object of the book/FM files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to here diabling autospell check works (at least that way the books process well).

There are some other memory issues in FrameMaker which cause these memory effect. Maybe SVG graphics could be another cause.

Check if Memory behavior is the same when you process both books by hand, So you can be sure (or not) that it's not your script which causes these problems.

With FM2019 some of These effects are solved. And with FM 201964bit FM is able to allocate more RAM so this will also solve this out-of-Memory issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not disabled autospell check yet. Seems, Close(1) frees some memory.

When I do book2dita by hand it doesn't work at all. I need to get all .fm files and save to dita.

I am still thinking that it is possible to free unused memory. I will open new questions maybe someone knows that.

Big Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

freeing memory is not possible by script and even not by FDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines