Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cell Number Skips in Table

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 2020 version 16.04.1062

I'm sure this an easy one for the experts. The cell numbering in the attached table goes from 1,2,3,4,7,8.....

The CellNumbered Format in Paragraph Designer (see attached) is the same when I select any of the cells with cells with cell numbering.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Are there other numbered cells in the table, maybe with the missing numbers in them? If you have your cell numbering set for horizontal, not vertical, that might happen. 

Put your cursor in the table, open the Table Designer on the Basic tab, and check the drop-down for Numbering. You probably want it Column First, not Row First. Note that if you are using tags with the same numbering series in multiple rows and columns, you can get odd results like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there other numbered cells in the table, maybe with the missing numbers in them? If you have your cell numbering set for horizontal, not vertical, that might happen. 

Put your cursor in the table, open the Table Designer on the Basic tab, and check the drop-down for Numbering. You probably want it Column First, not Row First. Note that if you are using tags with the same numbering series in multiple rows and columns, you can get odd results like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I changed Numbering to Column First, the numbering updated correctly.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to be pretty careful with numbering in tables. It can get odd quickly, especially if you have cells with numbered lists in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere in the content between the cell with 4 and 7 are paragraphs that have an autonumber that is incrementing the numbers. To troubleshoot these, I will typically open the Paragraph Designer to the numbering tab, and arrow through the paragraphs. If you want a quick response, email me the file: rick at frameexpert dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines