• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear Markers of a Single Type from a Book

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have started using a custom marker to create revision highlights sections for our books.   I would like to find out if it is possible to clear out the markers between revisions.  

In addition to the custom marker used for revisions, we are using two other types of markers to denote regulatory references.   As a result, we don't want to clear all markers, just the custom one. 

Is there a method to accomplish this?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Have you tried using the Find/Change (Ctrl+F) dialog to search for Marker-Of Type: [markername]?

To clear the existing markers, use the Change>To Text option with an empty text field.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 7.48.09 AM.png

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the Find/Change (Ctrl+F) dialog to search for Marker-Of Type: [markername]?

To clear the existing markers, use the Change>To Text option with an empty text field.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 7.48.09 AM.png

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if we have tried this.  I think we tried to clear the marker content using the find option, but I don't think we tried changing the marker into blank text.  

Thank you for the recommendation!  I'll let you know how it works out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think of it as using Find to select the type of marker, and replacing it with a null.

The same technique can be used to find something, and replace with whatever is on the clipboard (Change by Pasting), which also creates some interesting possibilities.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I do this regularly to delete all index markers and create new ones with a FrameScript script.

Works very well. About 1000 markers in a few seconds.

Be careful, when you enter the marker name. When you have marker types like Comment, Comment1 and Comment2, then "Comment" will find all three marker types.

You might have to activate Consider Case and Whole Word in the Find dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to check in to say that this worked out perfectly.   Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you got it to work!

On top of the direct choices given, the ability to replace with (nothing) and the ability to replace with the vague content of the clipboard are powerful options within the Find/Change in FrameMaker.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines