• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed files still appear in FrameMaker window

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running FrameMaker 2017 on Windows 10. Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've noticed (sometimes) as I'm closing book files, the files close, but it (the book file) is still displayed in my FrameMaker window.

This can be resolved by closing and re-opening FrameMaker. But why should I have to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appearing where? Screenshot please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time I encounter it, I'll post screen shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Frame, I have a book file open (although in the capture you can't see it). I've been working in the files and I just did a Save All Open Files. It saved and then left me with the window displayed in the capture. Now everything is frozen. I can open the File menu, but any selections for Save or Close, they are all gray (unavailable).

And, if I go to File > Open, I can open any file, but when I go to close the file (with or without saving) the file doesn't appear to close.Frame1-2017.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you're doing, but I find it much easier to work on my docs in tabs - it looks a bit like you've got floating windows all over your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a capture on what it looked like before I saved my filesFrame2-2017.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty weird looking then - have you applied all the latest patches? Does it behave that way with every book you work with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not happen for every book.

It started happening after my OS was updated to Windows 10.

I have installed all the latest patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not happening for every book, then it indicates that there's something different about the book where it all goes sideways. So what's different? Is it saved in a different location (local vs. server vs. CMS)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are all located in the same directory on my pc.

It doesn't happen to the same book file each time. The one that it happened to today - worked fine earlier in the day and just a few minutes ago. I have only noticed one other thing just before it goes all wonky, but again, nothing consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd contact Adobe Techcom Support - nobody else has been reporting this happening so it's got to be something unique to your environment/actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with tabs. This is what happened when I saved all my files -- ready to exit that book and work on something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have a book open and active, you can hold the Shift key and select File > Close All Files in Book. The open document files are closed, but the book file remains open. To close it, choose File > Close Book.

When you have a book open and a document active, you can hold the Shift key and select File > Close All Open files. This closes all of the files, including the book file.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All files are closed, book has been saved and closed. It remains displayed on the home screen. Cannot close it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines