Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color of copied text is incorrect, and underlines added cannot be removed

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on a FrameMaker 2020 document. I copied and pasted text from a Word document. The text I copied is underlined and I sopmehow managed to change the green color to blue. I have a L1 Head as the title for the segment I copied. When I changed the color for that setting, all the body text I copied changed to that same color; the body text needs to be black. Additionally, the text I copied is underlined and I don't know how to remove that underlining.  I also created and added a table, below the copied text, and it does not look good.  A series of small x's surrounds each row.

Thank you for any help.

Cheers,

Elizabeth 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find it faster to copy/paste plain text and then apply your FM paragraph and character tags to the text afterwards. You can hack your maker.ini to put plain text at the beginning of the pasting string command so that Ctl-V works like Paste Special > Text.
You do this by either finding and editing the line:
ClipboardFormatsPriorities=

to place TEXT at the beginning of the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Concru with Jeff: pasting in as-formatted content from other DTP/WP/web applications is apt to auto-create all sorts of styles, paragraph formats, character formats, table formats, color defs and overrides. These basically pollute your FM Catalogs and Flow A, and can be very annoying to find and remediate.

When it looks easy, that too-often means you'll regret it later. For a one-off ephemeral work; no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

I assume that you have Track Text Edits activated. Any new text will be green and underlined. All new tables are also green and have these X at the table borders.

You should show the Track Text Edits toolbar. With the icons of this toolbar you can jump to changed text (either new or deleted) and accept the changes. This will remove the marking.

Or you can show only the final versions and just hide the marking.

Everything is explained in the online help:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/index.html#t=using-framemaker%2Ffm-17%2Fuser-guide%2Ft...

Also conditional text can make text underlined and add these X to table borders, but not inadvertently asvin your case.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines