Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors Are Different on Two Different Graphics

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is really stumping me. 

The same image appears on two different Framemaker Documents. However, one appears grey (which is correct) and the other, black (incorrect). Barcode color discrepancy.jpg

I cannot find the source file for these, so it's not as simple as importing the image. 

I have tried to adjust color in the Anchored frame and Object properties. They are the same. For Object Properties, I even right-clicked and selected "Object properties" for both. They are exactly the same. 

I tried the line fill adjustments in the Object properties toolbar. They are exactly the same. 

I tried view\color\definitions. They are exactly the same. 

Any thoughts? I know I'm doing something wrong (or not performing the right action). Thanks!

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inability to find the source suggests that these are not imported by reference, but rather by copy-into-document. If so, that means they could actually be different images (this is one of the reasons why import-by-reference is preferred).

What does Object Properties report for "Facets"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob

Strangely, there is literally no information when I select object properties - including the indication that it was pasted in. It's very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like it might be Frame vector art, and using named (custom) colors for which the Color Catalog definition varies between the two docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building on what Bob suggests, can you copy the preferred image and paste into the other doc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matt

Yes, I tried that as well...it still copies in as a black image, and not grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you produce a PDF of the doc with the gray image?

If so, crop the PDF and reimport, perhaps into both locations by reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matt

Funny you should suggest that...that's exactly what I did :D! Yes, it worked, but as a workaround solution. Sometimes the user must resort to creative means with FrameMaker and its bizarre behaviors.

I was hoping to understand what was the root cause, but perhaps we'll never know (insert "X-Files" music).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but it's more likely due to your specific graphic file, and without that original file, it's too much of a one-off to do more than fix it and forget it!

Of course, if you see it come up again, you'll have more data to try to track down the cause, whether from Fm or the graphic itself.

In any case, congrats on getting it fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other note: Vector applications and formats can vary in output integrity. 

If you have Illustrator installed, you may be able to right-click on the (good) placed image in FrameMaker and open it into Illustrator.

If so, I would expect a resaved AI file to import and behave as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines